Saturday, March 21, 2009

Girona

It is 4th of March. It is freezing in Riga. It’s raining in the Netherlands. But Catalunya is already blossoming.

I hate changing flights. Usually in those cases my travel takes around 24 hours. This time again. After sleepless night (it is becoming a habit before a trip) the flight to Girona airport, the afternoon in Girona, night at Girona airport (thanks goodness I am not alone here!) and early flight to Malta. I feel squeezed like lemon, my eyes hurt and brain is working slowly. But… I’ve got a mood to study. Working on a project at night was really a pleasure. Maybe it was because nothing turned off my attention.
Catalunya (as local people call it) met me with 13 °C and rain. Girona is a very nice small town. Stone pavement, hilly street maze and the narrowest driven streets I have ever seen. It has colour and atmosphere. I guess it is nicer with sunny weather and without luggage. It is amazing how many children are in the streets around 5 pm. And I thought the cars break at the last moment in Eindhoven… I just have never been to Spain before. When crossing the street there is a feeling it will definitely hit you.
Plaça Catalunya

The river Onyar

Sant Feliu Church

Museu d’Arquelogia

If getting married in church then in such Cathedral like in Girona. Impressing… Maybe the Cathedral itself is not the most impressing (didn’t check inside) and beautiful but such stairs!

Street maze


I also did some window-shopping, just could not pass by.

No comments: