Monday, June 22, 2009

Midsummer night

Pa pāram rieksti auga,
Pa pāram āboliņš;
Pa pāram jauni ļaudis
Jāņu nakti pulcējās.

Kas gulēja Jāņu nakti, Visu gadu snauduļoja.

Tomorrow is the Midsummer night but I'm not in Latvia to celebrate it. First time in my life! If anyone would know how much I want to be there. Besides, AEGEE-Riga organizes a boat trip together with Midsummer and AEGEE-Riga 8th birthday celebration these days. First AEGEE-Riga international event I am missing since 1,5 years ago when I first joined the organization. :(
And I couldn't even attend a Midsummer party organized by Scandinavian people in Eindhoven. What is midsummer without the fire, beer, cheese and sleepless night in the nature?
Indeed, it's the most celebrated fest after the New Year in Latvia.

No comments: